Belle

Belle

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review : The Future of Us by Jay Asher

I enjoyed this book a lot due to the fact that I was the same age as these teens in 1996 which is when the story takes place. I was able to relate to that time and what they were into and that was one of the major reasons that I enjoyed this book as much as I did.

I thought the concept was very good and I was excited to read it, however when I got close to the end I realized this book was going in the exact direction that I though it would. There was no surprise or a ha moment for me. That was a downer to me, it was totally predictable and I didn't feel like the message was very strongly executed as well. Although it was predictable and some parts were a little wishy washy, I did enjoy reading it and I didn't feel like I wanted to stop reading. I did want to get to the end and see the final outcome.

As I said I think a major thumbs up for me in this book is that I could relate to the main characters because I was living through the same things they did in 1997, however if I was a bit younger and some of the technology, music and events of that time were foreign to me, I am not sure that I would have liked it as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment