Belle

Belle

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review- Perfect Chemistry

By: Simone Elkeles

I didn't know what to expect when I started this book. I didn't even know if I could get into it, but honestly, I got sucked right in. First chapter and I was in. I could really relate to the characters, I felt like they were people that I knew. I enjoyed that there was a deep emotional bond between the main characters and their families. They each came from different worlds and had major challenges in both their worlds, and then had to find a way to make those worlds come together. That was the greatest part of the story for me, seeing how the author was going to weave these two characters into each others' different worlds and if it would make them or destroy them.

I thought the story was well told, it was a page turner, I never wanted to put this book down. I am already reading the second book and I am enjoy that just as much if not more.

The only critique I would give this book is that of the gang involvement. I know that gang related material is a touchy subject and I comment the author for taking on the job of tackling it. The only thing that was a little off to me was how easy some of the details of the gang. I thought a little bit of the story would not be true, as in (without giving away a spoiler) I just don't think it would end the way that it did. Either way it was a great read and I look forward to reading the whole series

No comments:

Post a Comment