Belle

Belle

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Review : The Alchemy of Forever





Author : Avery Williams
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Published: January 3, 2012
Pages: 256
My rating : 4 Stars

I liked this book a lot.  It told the story exactly as it was described in the synopsis.  I did not know when I started reading this that this was going to be a series so when I got to the end I was surprised in how it left off.  I was glad to find out that there would be more to come, whew!  I read this right after I read Slide by Jill Hathaway as I wanted to compare them because they had similar plots.  However they were nothing alike so I could not compare them at all.  I really liked our main character who goes by several names, but her first, Seraphina.  I felt that she was a very likeable character and one that anyone would want to have as a friend.  She is honest, has a heart and is genuine in her feelings.  We only get to know her friends a little bit, but I think we will get to know them more as the story continues.  I was able to relate to Seraphina and could see where she was coming from in the choices that she was making and in her feelings for Cyrus.  I liked that the book had a fast pace and that there was always a situation that you were on the edge of your seat to see how should face it.  I will definitely be reading the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment