Belle

Belle

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Review : The Juliet Spell by Douglas Rees

Thank you Harlequin for the ARC of this fabulous book!


I received this as an ARC and I had read the synopsis but I was not sure if I would like it.  Well, it was truly a wonderfully fun book that I am glad I got the chance to read.  With my list of Halloween reads, I have been reading a lot of darker stories and this was like a breath of fresh in between, just what I needed.  The story is about a girl named Miranda who wants to play Juliet in a play, so she can please her mother who also at one time was an actress.  She tries to cast a spell to help her get the part and that is when chaos ensues.  This is the point where I will stop because I don't want to give any spoilers away.

However, I simply loved Edmund Shakeshaft.  I literally laughed out loud several times throughout the book at the retorts that he gave.  Edmund came from the 1500's and now is dealing with life in the 21st Century, so you can use your imagination on how that will go. 

The book was fun and light hearted and not dark in anyway.  Situations were easy to understand and the flow of the book was excellent.  I finished this in a day and a half because I wanted to keep catching up with the characters with any free time that I had.  The story was predictable, as with most love stories, but there were some parts that did surprise me and make me laugh which really endeared me to this story.  I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a lovely, easy, fun story to pass your time away on an afternoon.  It's one of those stories that when you get to the last page you have a smile on your face.  It just makes you feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment