Belle

Belle

Monday, October 24, 2011

Review : Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Publisher : Doherty, Tom Associates - TOR Books
Published : August 2011
Pages : 320
Self Purchased - Hardcover

Can someone send me the next book now, so  I never have to leave this world?? :) I read the synopsis of this book when I picked off the shelf at Barnes and Noble, the cover appealed to me and the story sounded amazing.  I hoped that when I started to read it I would not be let down and I have to say, the book exceeded my expectations. 
This book was everything I wanted it to be and more.  The author does a tremendous job in relating the characters to us and to each other.  There is no one that seems out of place, they all interlock like a perfect puzzle.  The humor was perfectly placed, the plot was easy to follow and interesting and there is enough action, gore, romance and mystery to keep you wanting more throughout every page turn. Can all that be easily explained in one book, yes, and it's done beautifully in Anna Dressed in Blood.   I never felt that the book was slow or maybe something could have been left out to speed things along.  Nope, this book is simply a gem and I cannot wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment