Belle

Belle

Monday, October 3, 2011

Book Review : Envy (Empy Coffin #1) by Gregg Olsen

 

I really really enjoyed this book. The thing that I liked the most is that it was not a horror book like I thought, it was a thought provoking who done it book. When I read the synopsis and saw the title empty coffin series, I thought for sure it was going to be grisly and spooky. It definitely was spooky but it was totally different than a typical horror book.

The book starts right off with a good old death, one that any spooky thriller needs. For the rest of the book you are led on a tale of learning not only about the characters and their lives, but on a road with the "gifted" twins Taylor and Hayley in their quest for the truth. Taylor and Hayley or "HayTay" as they are sometimes called know some thing is not right in their town, but don't know just what, and you get to go along with them to find out just what that is.

When I got to the end of the story I was really glad to see that the author had taken a true story and wove it into a tale that is very real and very poignant for today's generation of teens. The book was not what I expected but it was better than I expected. It was not just a book seeking to thrill and scare, it sent a message and I'm looking forward to reading more from this series and author.

No comments:

Post a Comment